Friday, May 27, 2005

rattling the cage: update

Home from work, I hoofed it down to Roslindale Village to see what my adopted hometown had to counteract the aforementioned meemies.

I returned, 45 minutes later, with a six-pack of Newcastle and a $2 copy of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy in tow.

It's not much, but it may be enough to stave off the willies for one more Friday night.

(It would be nicer to be out with people somewhere, but I guess I did make this hermit's bed I'm lying in. This is one of those times where it would actually be nice to live a little closer to civilization; in Cambridge-ville, I could just pop down to the local bar for decent music and good company. In bucolic Rozzie, the best I can do is a beer on the porch with my headphones on. Which is still pretty good, when you think about it, but just not the same.)