Tuesday, June 21, 2005

my blue heaven

Man, it's a gorgeous day out there. I just got back from hiking the Skyline Trail over in the Blue Hills; I met up with a hiking partner and hoofed it all the way up to the observation tower. It's really a fantastic view up there; you can see the bay, Boston and beyond, and all the way down to Hull (where there's a nifty windmill) and the outlying islands. There was a guy up there with a telescope, who said on clear days, you can see Mt Washington (today was a little too hazy for that). Still, it was a spectacular view, and definitely worth the work it took to get up there. And it was pretty cool to look through the telescope; that observation tower may possibly offer the best view in the whole state.

This whole "I've gotta do something besides sit around and check my email all day" plan is going even better than I hoped; I got outdoors, got some exercise and a lovely view, got to hang out in the woods and see chipmunks, and enjoyed the company of others - all at the same time. Woo-hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home