Wednesday, April 06, 2005

feeding myself: update

Mortified by yesterday's admission of my disintegrating eating habits, I corrected the situation tonight with a tasty homemade dinner of fusilli with marinara sauce, a fresh green salad with orange and yellow peppers, and - for dessert - plump, juicy blackberries....all at the eminently respectable hour of 7:15 pm.

It's astonishing how greatly the simplest little acts of taking care of myself (like eating a decent meal) can impact my mood. I've never been a stickler for daily schedules, regular housecleaning, or any other of the basic habits of independent adulthood, but I'm starting to see the benefits of at least some of them.

Of course, the fact that I'm just now realizing this, having been a fully functioning adult (at least to the untrained eye) for 12 years and counting, is just plain sad.

In all seriousness, though, I do think it's worth remembering that a little investment in my own life - whether it's eating well, visiting friends, or just mopping the floors occasionally - isn't a bad idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home