Friday, June 03, 2005

when in doubt, cook

It's been a rough week. My cat beat me up, my guitar needs repairs, and my brakes are starting to squeal.
One of my clients lost her battle with MS this week, and another fell and broke her hip, setting her up for the decline that too frequently comes with an extended hospital stay.

I felt kind of rotten about all this when I got home today, so I decided to do what I always do when I need to de-stress after a tough week: cook up a decent and tasty dinner for myself. Fake chicken with real basil, fresh green beans, and little homemade sandwich cookies. . . the act of cooking (and eating) something that didn't come out of a box or a can is comforting on a fathoms-deep level.

Speaking of which, I'd better get cracking if I want to dine before midnight.

Bon Appetit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home